Pages

Tuesday 8 February 2011

~The Demon Barber of Fleet Street~

I have a few minor adjustments to make~

Kevin got his haircut at a little barber shop under London Bridge.  His barber was quite colorful and very entertaining.  We spoke of Sweeney Todd so he decided to reenact it!  Kevin was not really that amused!  I think it may have been that very large blade in his hand that slightly concerned him!

We walked to Borough Market ~ We now know that Market=Food!  Yes, another food extravaganza! We also learned not to eat before venturing out to ANY market because there is always so much deliciousness.  It's always difficult deciding what to get so it's usually something new and different.  There were fish mongers, pheasant and rabbit butchers, fruit and veg vendors, exotic meats and cheeses, candy, olive oils from all various destinations, chocolate covered EVERYTHING, flowers, vinegars, etc...  We walked around for hours sampling it all!

                                                   "God That's Good"
Ladies and Gentlemen, that aroma enriching the breeze~
 
"Animal I have become"

Nice ride~
We purchased a few very FRESH pheasants which are in season.  I wanted to go hunting and shoot them myself but this is the next best thing, I suppose.  I'm brining them overnight to cut some of the gaminess.  I am going to try my hand at a poor boys pheasant stew.  I literally had to pluck the feathers off the little sucker!  I'll report on the results!

I would have to say that our hobby of weekend "marketing" is one of our favorite things to do.  We get our exercise walking for miles,  find some terrific bargains,  enjoy our surroundings and eat spectacular food.  What's not to love?

*** Japanese date night at Kumo tonight was great!

Yes  I did order this drink to match the dress~

Beautiful Harrods on the way home

No comments:

Post a Comment