Pages

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Shave and a Haircut, two bits. ** * Spanish origin: Spanish are sometimes quite offensive.

WOW!  What a day!  I rushed out the door at about 8:30 to walk 3 miles to get to my hair appointment at 9:30.  I was not certain of the way so I gave myself plenty of time.  Rush hour so I was a bit tardy!  I went to the world famous Tony&Guy Hair Salon...Academy!  A gal at the gym paid about $200 for a cut and style at the Salon but told me her friend got a nicer cut and had a better experience at the Academy (students) for only 5 pounds.  I walked/ran in and lined up against a wall with about 12 other people.  I felt as though I committed a crime and was in a line up!  I was asked to be a demo model which I thought would be cool and would receive a free haircut and color and products to take home.  I would be on display, with about 25 stylists watching the teacher "do me up"...until I discovered the release form stating that they could do ANYTHING they wanted to my hair!!!  Fortunately I researched the salon ahead of time and discovered Tony&Guy are most renown for their "avant garde" work. ** Definition:   representing a pushing of the boundaries of what is accepted as the norm or status quo.  They have also won numerous British Hairdressing Awards for their work!  They did lots of the hip- to- the -groove, or is it jive? (can we even still say that?)  styles for London Fashion Week.  Probably something like this?!?! I best start watching America'sNext Top Model London Style~
eeks... I was a bit concerned that I would leave with pink or blue hair, or no hair at all.   I decided it would be wise to pay the 5 pounds and exit the salon with pride and dignity!  They explained not to worry as they  also represent the catwalk-to-client philosophy!  phew.....That would be me, the client,  from NH!
A cute little stylist from the countryside of London was assigned to me and I was swept away to the salon. She washed my hair which was pure heaven.  She took at least 1/2 hour, including the scalp massage.   She then proceeded to cut each and every lock of my hair with such precision.  I appreciated the time she took but after 3 hours I was getting a bit tired and sore from sitting for SO long!  Enter~ My hero, her teacher, a very cute and experienced young Paul,  assisting her with the finished product.  He was a real life Edward Scissor Hand.


1:30 ish.  Voila: Pure and simple magic!  I received the best haircut and color I've ever had.  Everyone agreed I look like Samantha in Sex and The City.  Yes, blonde with bangs!    FYI: I gave her a great tip for the cut and compliment.   I skipped all the way home swinging my hair to and fro. With plenty of time to make it home for dinner and meet Kevin at the door with my new do.



p.s. Kevin even says I look like Samantha. (I don't think he really knows who she is).

I shall call and thank them for the cool experience!  At lease comment on their blog page!  

FYI: pic is prior to Sam hair...Sorry camera on the fritz.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see a pic of the haircut. There is a salon on Newbury Street looking for models too. I'm too afraid to try it. Good you for you adventurous soul!!!

    ReplyDelete